Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Plastic Free Toilet Paper

I always thought I was uber crunchy. 


Compared to most folks I know I take it to another level. I only wash my hair once a week and make my own soap for goodness sakes. 


Then my mom got me this book, which lead me to this blog, and I was floored. I had nothing on these ladies. Both the blog and the book really had an impact on me and opened my eyes to how much waste there really is out there, and both offered some great solutions for doing your own little part to reduce it. 


Hint...recycling isn't the answer. 


I now bring my own jars to the grocery store for olives and bulk items and am always on the lookout for minimal and plastic free packaging. 


The wide mouth quart mason jar with plastic cap weighs exactly a pound,
making it super easy for sales clerks to  take off the tare weight. 


The other day we headed to Sams for toilet paper (sometimes frugality wins) and imagine my surprise when I found this. 



Plastic free toilet paper made from 80% recycled material. GOOOOOO Sams. I was impressed, so impressed I felt the need to blog about it. 


What can you do to reduce your impact on the earth? I challenge you to read the book, peruse the blog and take away a few good tips. 

1 comment:

  1. These boxes with toiletpaper are in the Netherlands at least 5 times expensiver as the once in plastic, that's not nice!

    ReplyDelete